subheading


inspired by vintage, dance, nature, and all else pretty

Monday 2 July 2012

Guinea Pig Monday: "Grain de Vie" Mélange Nature

I got the piggies a new treat this weekend - a mix of dried leaves, flowers, and veggies especially for guinea pigs.

Here's the packet...

Curious Poivron wondering what's going on...

Stuffed in a toilet paper roll and ready to serve...

No surprise, Courgette is the first to test...

The ingredients are: blackcurrant leaves, coltsfoot, dandelion, sunflower petals, parsnip, apples, carrots, leeks,* chicory, rose petals, hibiscus.

All three piggies had some bites, but they didn't go crazy over it as I thought they would. After a few leaves, they left the roll and went to munch on some hay. Still, it seems like a good, natural snack for the piggies. None of those 'snack sticks' with honey, nuts, and other bad-for-guinea pig ingredients for my little ones. (It's incredible that they even fabricate that stuff!)

* I've always seen leeks in "do not feed" lists, so I've removed the ones that I've come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment