subheading


inspired by vintage, dance, nature, and all else pretty

Monday 20 August 2012

Guinea Pig Monday: Jappyland Thinning Comb

To maximise my piggies' comfort over the hot summer and to minimise shedding in general, I have been looking for a grooming tool to thin their fur.

My first find was the Furminator for small animals. It looked like just the right tool for the job and was noted highly on wanimo, an online petshop I frequent. However, I noticed that the positive comments were from rabbit owners. After some googling, I found a few comments from guinea pig owners saying that the product is not adapted to the thinner hairs of guinea pigs.

Next, I came across the Jappyland Thinning Comb with three comb sizes. The comments on the product were from dog and cat owners, so they didn't help me much. Upon close inspection of the photos of the combs, though, I found that the smallest one may work for guinea pigs. I placed an order and the comb arrived within days.

Echalotte, who has especially thick hair, was the first to try the comb.

As you can see from the photos, the thinning comb (smallest comb) removed some fur. She didn't seem bothered at all about the combing itself. I am happy with my purchase, but it will take a few more weeks to tell if the shedding has decreased.

No comments:

Post a Comment