subheading


inspired by vintage, dance, nature, and all else pretty

Friday 17 August 2012

Foodie Friday: Rice Burger ASIA

While browsing through my local organic store, I came across a mix for a rice burger. I checked the ingredients - vegan (see below) - and the price - just over 2 Euros. Intrigued, especially because it looked so easy to make, I decided to give it a try.

I first added some hot water into the dry mix, stirred, and left it for for 15 minutes. Then I formed the patties. Instead of pan-frying them as suggested on the packet, I baked them for 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius.

,

The verdict? I definitely liked how easy and mess-free it was to make these burgers. The texture also came out well - crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. However, I wasn't too convinced by the flavour. They didn't taste bad, but they were a bit bland. I couldn't taste anything Thai. All in all, it's a great product for those evenings when you're too tired to cook. It might also be worth experimenting with extra ingredients like fresh coriander and vegetables.

Speaking of ingredients, the ingredients of this mix are: rice (60%), wheat flour, whole rice flour, corn maltodextrine, soy flour, sea salt, sugar cane, bell pepper, sunflower oil, garlic, ginger, mushrooms, caramel, carrots, shitake mushrooms, spinach, leeks, celery, tumeric, chive, cumin, coriander. (all organic ingredients)

No comments:

Post a Comment