subheading


inspired by vintage, dance, nature, and all else pretty

Thursday 16 August 2012

Style: Peplum

I wasn't a big fan of peplum until very recently. In general, I like simple silhouettes, and the ruffle just seemed like unnecessary material.

However, after seeing it repeatedly in magazines, I came to see its appeal. If the cut is right and the frills aren't overdone, it's a cute way of highlighting the waist while keeping the overall look sleek. It could be nice for work, for example.

I don't think I will be incorporating this style in my wardrobe just yet, as I prefer the full-on, 1950s-style, A-line skirt - with a petticoat if the occasion permits! Nevertheless, I did find some pretty cute peplum dresses and tops on Asos...

2 comments:

  1. I'm undecided about peplums myself. I like them in the back, but too much fullness in the front looks out-of-proportion to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. It's not an easy style to pull off, but it can be cute if done right!

      Delete